Social media is one of the newest devices that is used within the realms of SEO and internet marketing. It is certainly the fasted growing area of internet marketing and SEO; Facebook has 175 million users every 24 hours and the average number of tweets sent on Twitter is 1.3 million per hour.
The question is, how to utilise this tool to aid your business? Interactive, social media is helping to push forward a new era of relationships between businesses and consumers. It is clearly an advantage in this respect, however, it is vital to remember the new challenges that it may bring. This new form of media makes the consumer much more open to other competitors and enables them to make a choice in a more direct environment. It is up to you to gain the consumers attention with the help of this ever growing phenomenon.
So, you may be wondering, how can I do this? Well, obviously you could attempt to start your own campaign, however, it is largely recommended that you arrange a specific strategy with a website expert who has specialist knowledge in the field of social media, internet marketing and SEO. Social media is seen as just one segment that works in tandem with the other features of building and maintaining a successful website, such as web design, pay per click and SEO. When deciding upon which web expert company to employ, it is of importance to bear in mind these questions to ask:
1. Do you have any specific experience relating to social media? Can you show me any examples of previous work that you have undertaken?
2. Can you continue to maintain the social media strategy for my business? (For example, can you regularly write posts for me and update my profile?)
3. Can you teach me how to use the sites so that I can maintain it myself?
4. Will you be able to correlate my website and social media sites together?
Questions 1 and 2 are of the most importance, it is crucial that from the beginning you are aware of how the social media sites are going to be maintained, whether you will do it yourself or it will be part of the contract that the web expert company will maintain it for you.
Social media is only going to become a bigger part of internet marketing as time goes on, it is up to you as a business owner to decided whether you want your business to be a part of it or loose out on this invaluable, and often inexpensive tool.
To name just a few, here are some of the fundamental features that social media can bring to your business:
• It will heighten your web presence, gaining you access to customers where you previously couldn’t interact with them
• It will help to forge and maintain more personal relationships with your clients as you will be able to contact them directly and vice versa
• It’s a device in which to network with prospective clients and competition
• It is also a form of ‘free’ advertising and a great way to extend your offline sales pitch